No, you aren't dreaming. This post is a virtual facsimile of the 'fiscal cliff' piece I authored two weeks ago, replete with many of the same discouraging bells and whistles -- Democrats reveling in their leverage advantage, public opinion polls spelling doom for Republicans, and no tangible progress on the actual task at hand. If that sentence wasn't enough of a morale boost for you, feel free to read on. Liberals in Congress, led by incoming Senate Budget Committee Chair Patty Murray, are ostentatiously demonstrating an insatiable appetite for fiscal cliff-diving. Their...
The reason so few people see the government doing anything but raise taxes and promise "budget" cuts over ten years, is that's all we've ever seen. Tax increases immediately if not retroactively, and budget cuts later, for the next guy to pay. We haven't even seen a decrease in the rate of acceleration in the growth of the national debt, let along a stable growth, or god forbid the catastrophy of a lower rate of growth in the debt. It's about time to declare "every man for themselves".
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 9 hours ago