The 113th Congress is now in session. The gavels have been dropped in both the House and Senate. So, work on the People's Business has begun. The first bit of news was election of the speaker in the House., and at 1:20 p.m. ET the incumbent — Rep. John Boehner of Ohio — had enough votes to keep that post. Democrats, with...
I may sound contrary but the republicans are better off with Boehner than being split down the middle for the rest of this congress. Boehner and McConnell know they got rolled. We'll keep reminding them. They tried to keep (and made permanent) the Bush tax cuts for 98% of the tax payers and bought into a half a trillion in new "pork spending". which will be called 'bi-partican' forever. I think there are enough of us to remind them, call them, mail them, twit them, to get better results. If the democrats do their 'dicky-doo' dance over this one, fine, let's get it right from now on.
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 42 mins ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago