The 113th Congress is now in session. The gavels have been dropped in both the House and Senate. So, work on the People's Business has begun. The first bit of news was election of the speaker in the House., and at 1:20 p.m. ET the incumbent — Rep. John Boehner of Ohio — had enough votes to keep that post. Democrats, with...
I may sound contrary but the republicans are better off with Boehner than being split down the middle for the rest of this congress. Boehner and McConnell know they got rolled. We'll keep reminding them. They tried to keep (and made permanent) the Bush tax cuts for 98% of the tax payers and bought into a half a trillion in new "pork spending". which will be called 'bi-partican' forever. I think there are enough of us to remind them, call them, mail them, twit them, to get better results. If the democrats do their 'dicky-doo' dance over this one, fine, let's get it right from now on.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 8 hours ago