House Speaker John Boehner is frustrated. Why? The legislative body he runs has passed two bills to replace the president's sequester with offsetting sprending cuts. Democrats, who control the Senate and White House, have done nothing. The upper chamber hasn't voted on a single legislative alternative, and the president hasn't outlined a specific plan of his own. He's been far too busy flying around the country on Air Force One, holding campaign-style rallies designed to scare the living daylights out of people about the dire consequences of cutting 2.4 percent of 2013's projected federal spending -- which would still...
Does anyone ever consider what the federal government would look like on the day they pay-off the first penny in the national debt? Washington DC would look like East Detroit. The sequester might stall bond rating cuts for a while, but it only slows the rate in acceleration in the growth of the federal debt.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 14 hours ago