House Speaker John Boehner is frustrated. Why? The legislative body he runs has passed two bills to replace the president's sequester with offsetting sprending cuts. Democrats, who control the Senate and White House, have done nothing. The upper chamber hasn't voted on a single legislative alternative, and the president hasn't outlined a specific plan of his own. He's been far too busy flying around the country on Air Force One, holding campaign-style rallies designed to scare the living daylights out of people about the dire consequences of cutting 2.4 percent of 2013's projected federal spending -- which would still...
Does anyone ever consider what the federal government would look like on the day they pay-off the first penny in the national debt? Washington DC would look like East Detroit. The sequester might stall bond rating cuts for a while, but it only slows the rate in acceleration in the growth of the federal debt.
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 33 minutes ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago