House Speaker John Boehner is frustrated. Why? The legislative body he runs has passed two bills to replace the president's sequester with offsetting sprending cuts. Democrats, who control the Senate and White House, have done nothing. The upper chamber hasn't voted on a single legislative alternative, and the president hasn't outlined a specific plan of his own. He's been far too busy flying around the country on Air Force One, holding campaign-style rallies designed to scare the living daylights out of people about the dire consequences of cutting 2.4 percent of 2013's projected federal spending -- which would still...
Does anyone ever consider what the federal government would look like on the day they pay-off the first penny in the national debt? Washington DC would look like East Detroit. The sequester might stall bond rating cuts for a while, but it only slows the rate in acceleration in the growth of the federal debt.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 4 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago