In response to:
"Conservatives make up 40% of Americans." The 5% of Americans who are right wing nuts within that 40% get 90% of the media play across the spectrum (from Rachel Maddow to Shaun Hannity) that moderates hear, see, and read. There in rests the problem for the conservative movement. Rational conservatives are pushed to the side by even their own media outlets because the right wing nut case stories sell in this "Jerry Springer" world. Conservatives who really care about the movement would do best to boycott all media (including Fox News and Rush Limbaugh etc.) that project the 5% right wing nut case bunch as the heart and soul of the conservative movement.
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago