http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765620028/Media-violence-unchained-Multiple-studies-show-kids-are-adversely-affected-by-violence-in.html Any version is fine?
True, true!
Ken6226: Spot on, Ken! "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. . . " That's how things start. The thought. Entertaining the thought. Establishing the habit. Acting on the original thought. And people think nothing wrong can happen!

Old and Worn Out? Why Not Suicide?

beagal Wrote: Jan 02, 2013 5:32 PM
After the deaths of my father-in-law, and later, of my oldest son, I know that there is a life after death. Also, some time as a funeral director has added to this knowledge.

Old and Worn Out? Why Not Suicide?

beagal Wrote: Jan 02, 2013 5:30 PM
Could it be that part of our refinement is to weather illness and pain as part of a "tempering process"? We would then be more empathetic, concerned about others in a similar situation.

Old and Worn Out? Why Not Suicide?

beagal Wrote: Jan 02, 2013 5:28 PM
Well put. Many people don't (or won't) recognize that God cares very much how we enter and exit this world. Children need and deserve to have both a mother and a father. In later years, we presume to take His job if we decide to take our lives. That's not for us to decide. I agree, Reginald10, that He has a purpose for us.

Old and Worn Out? Why Not Suicide?

beagal Wrote: Jan 02, 2013 5:21 PM
Having worked as a funeral director, and from personal familial experiences, there is life after death. John 2000, thanks for a great comment!

Old and Worn Out? Why Not Suicide?

beagal Wrote: Jan 02, 2013 5:19 PM
". . .Decrease the surplus population"!
Also, it is very ironic that the French-speaking Presidential candidate is not a big fan of the French President's socialist agenda!
I, like Gov. Romney, am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. When I wrote "mormon", I did so, knowing that most Americans don't know the REAL name of the Church. I was inferring that, as a "mormon" missionary, he SPOKE FRENCH. I may have a bias, (I've already voted), but I am entitled to my opinion. As a woman, I'm hardly bigoted for voting for a man! With all candidates, I look to the qualifications, not the gender, race, or, generally, the religion. If blacks can vote for Obama, Why can't I vote for a "mormon"--even though I feel he is more qualified?

The Most Famous Woman You've Never Met

beagal Wrote: Oct 16, 2012 3:34 PM
Yeah, especially as the son of the late George Romney, who was supportive of blacks' civil rights!