Since the 9/11 attack on the U.S consulate in Benghazi, we've been told an anti-Islam YouTube video was to blame. We know the consulate was attacked multiple times throughout 2012 and U.S Ambassador Chris Stevens had received multiple threats from al Qaeda before being killed on 9/11 with three other Americans. From the beginning the story never added up and the YouTube video excuse has been proven a complete lie, but the recent revelations of an affair between General David Petraeus and biographer Paula Broadwell may have given us the missing link to this whole thing. It isn't the affair...
In response to:
It's funny how the right has a knew pet theory for how Benghazi is a conspiracy and a cover up while decrying the administrations changing explanation for it. Here are the facts: the demonstrations and attacks on U.S. assets were increasing in the days prior to and after the Benghazi attack. Much of the violence was a reaction to Muslim extremists promoting it in reaction to a YouTube video. The State Dept and the CIA were involved with the US Consulate in Benghazi. The CIA has something to hide in Benghazi (their presence for one) and they have a national security interest in preventing the truth of what's going on there from getting out.
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago