Their thinking was this: The GOP was on the wrong side of the polls in the battle over raising taxes on the highest earners. Surveys showed substantial public support for the president and Democrats on that issue. But Republicans are on...
In response to:
I hope like Hell these Repubs on the Hill are serious about fighting for what's right, this time. If they can't go toe-to-toe with the socialist in the WH, they don't deserve to be there. With their track record of recent years, I'm not holding my breath.
During the "fiscal cliff" battle, I asked several Republican lawmakers why they didn't push harder for spending cuts in exchange for their historic concession to vote for higher taxes. They invariably answered that they were waiting for the fight over raising the debt ceiling. Then, they promised, Republicans would demand serious cuts, especially in entitlement spending, from President Obama.
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago