As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 12 hours ago