The reason, we are told, is a change that Republicans have previously rejected but Democrats and Latino groups see as indispensable: a procedure for illegal immigrants to become legal residents and, eventually, citizens. Critics call it "amnesty" and say it will spur illegal immigration as surely as...
This is no false alarm. It is a fact that allowing illegal aliens to remain in our country sends a clear message to their people back home. That message is that if you sneak into to America and make demands long enough you will get what you want... and what most want ISN'T CITIZENSHIP. Most want nothing to do with becoming Americans. They simply want all of the money they can send back home. They pop out a baby and that baby is automatically entitled to government assistance... or they get fake or stolen ID and get their own handouts. Yes, they demand that automatic citizenship goes with the 'immigration reform' because their leaders (and Mexico) wants them to be able to vote. Ask yourself why. By the way, I'm an American of Mexican descent
To hear opponents tell it, you don't want to be standing along the U.S. border when an immigration reform bill becomes law. Millions of foreigners who were previously content in their native lands will hear about it, pack a bag and storm across the U.S. border, trampling anyone unlucky enough to be in the way.
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 3 hours ago