The reason, we are told, is a change that Republicans have previously rejected but Democrats and Latino groups see as indispensable: a procedure for illegal immigrants to become legal residents and, eventually, citizens. Critics call it "amnesty" and say it will spur illegal immigration as surely as...
This is no false alarm. It is a fact that allowing illegal aliens to remain in our country sends a clear message to their people back home. That message is that if you sneak into to America and make demands long enough you will get what you want... and what most want ISN'T CITIZENSHIP. Most want nothing to do with becoming Americans. They simply want all of the money they can send back home. They pop out a baby and that baby is automatically entitled to government assistance... or they get fake or stolen ID and get their own handouts. Yes, they demand that automatic citizenship goes with the 'immigration reform' because their leaders (and Mexico) wants them to be able to vote. Ask yourself why. By the way, I'm an American of Mexican descent
To hear opponents tell it, you don't want to be standing along the U.S. border when an immigration reform bill becomes law. Millions of foreigners who were previously content in their native lands will hear about it, pack a bag and storm across the U.S. border, trampling anyone unlucky enough to be in the way.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 9 hours ago