The reason, we are told, is a change that Republicans have previously rejected but Democrats and Latino groups see as indispensable: a procedure for illegal immigrants to become legal residents and, eventually, citizens. Critics call it "amnesty" and say it will spur illegal immigration as surely as...
This is no false alarm. It is a fact that allowing illegal aliens to remain in our country sends a clear message to their people back home. That message is that if you sneak into to America and make demands long enough you will get what you want... and what most want ISN'T CITIZENSHIP. Most want nothing to do with becoming Americans. They simply want all of the money they can send back home. They pop out a baby and that baby is automatically entitled to government assistance... or they get fake or stolen ID and get their own handouts. Yes, they demand that automatic citizenship goes with the 'immigration reform' because their leaders (and Mexico) wants them to be able to vote. Ask yourself why. By the way, I'm an American of Mexican descent
To hear opponents tell it, you don't want to be standing along the U.S. border when an immigration reform bill becomes law. Millions of foreigners who were previously content in their native lands will hear about it, pack a bag and storm across the U.S. border, trampling anyone unlucky enough to be in the way.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014