I DON'T FALL IN LOVE with politicians – the last presidential candidate I voted for with ardor was Ronald Reagan in 1980 – and my heart doesn't break when those I support don't win. Nor am I a party loyalist. As a conservative I vote for Republicans more often than not; for those of us committed to free enterprise, limited government, military strength, and a healthy civil society, there is usually no better option. But the Republican Party isn't the conservative movement. And a GOP defeat doesn't mean conservatism – or the GOP, for that matter – is in crisis....
But Libertarians are ... really? Are they actually a Political Party or just a place to gather all the oddballs? Conservative need to abandon our 3 Party system and enact a 4th. The Constitutional Party is a real Party that has done little to nothing since its inception. It needs to be picked up, shook out and revitalized. I think that Conservatives could shake it out and rewrite it "charter" and turn it into a serious mover and shaker ... something like a Political Party for the TEA Party People. I am a Constitutional Conservative and honestly ... there is NO Political Party out there currently offering any platform I truly support. WE must create a Party that takes a hard stance on tough issues and has the intestinal fortitude (balls)
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago