I DON'T FALL IN LOVE with politicians – the last presidential candidate I voted for with ardor was Ronald Reagan in 1980 – and my heart doesn't break when those I support don't win. Nor am I a party loyalist. As a conservative I vote for Republicans more often than not; for those of us committed to free enterprise, limited government, military strength, and a healthy civil society, there is usually no better option. But the Republican Party isn't the conservative movement. And a GOP defeat doesn't mean conservatism – or the GOP, for that matter – is in crisis....
But Libertarians are ... really? Are they actually a Political Party or just a place to gather all the oddballs? Conservative need to abandon our 3 Party system and enact a 4th. The Constitutional Party is a real Party that has done little to nothing since its inception. It needs to be picked up, shook out and revitalized. I think that Conservatives could shake it out and rewrite it "charter" and turn it into a serious mover and shaker ... something like a Political Party for the TEA Party People. I am a Constitutional Conservative and honestly ... there is NO Political Party out there currently offering any platform I truly support. WE must create a Party that takes a hard stance on tough issues and has the intestinal fortitude (balls)
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 23 minutes ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 3 hours ago