I DON'T FALL IN LOVE with politicians – the last presidential candidate I voted for with ardor was Ronald Reagan in 1980 – and my heart doesn't break when those I support don't win. Nor am I a party loyalist. As a conservative I vote for Republicans more often than not; for those of us committed to free enterprise, limited government, military strength, and a healthy civil society, there is usually no better option. But the Republican Party isn't the conservative movement. And a GOP defeat doesn't mean conservatism – or the GOP, for that matter – is in crisis....
But Libertarians are ... really? Are they actually a Political Party or just a place to gather all the oddballs? Conservative need to abandon our 3 Party system and enact a 4th. The Constitutional Party is a real Party that has done little to nothing since its inception. It needs to be picked up, shook out and revitalized. I think that Conservatives could shake it out and rewrite it "charter" and turn it into a serious mover and shaker ... something like a Political Party for the TEA Party People. I am a Constitutional Conservative and honestly ... there is NO Political Party out there currently offering any platform I truly support. WE must create a Party that takes a hard stance on tough issues and has the intestinal fortitude (balls)
- Obama administration routs scourge of ISIS pink cookies in schools Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago