AP directs writers not to use the terms "illegal alien, an illegal, illegals or undocumented" anymore, except "in direct quotations." It won't be long before illegal border crossers, illegal visa overstayers, illegal deportation evaders, document fraudsters and illegal alien traffickers are all referred to as "our fellow Americans." Without the quotations....
In response to:
Perhaps we readers of "other than mainstream" media should go to, and log on to, all these sites of all these "journalists" and just input the word "HACK!" Come to think of it, how come all the "Lame Stream" medias are called "Main Stream"? I grant you that they have TV stations and Newspapers but ... these are falling away in importance and it seems that people who are ACTUALLY paying attention are found on sites like this, Drudge and several others. The damage being done to Our Country is being done by those who are LEAST informed according to several studies. Apparently having no knowledge of much of anything these people are the easiest swayed by the mindless soundbite media currently be called "Mainstream"
File this in the overflowing cabinet labeled: No Wonder the Mainstream Media Is Dying. On Tuesday, the Associated Press announced that it is banishing the phrase "illegal immigrant" from its famous stylebook. The world's largest newsgathering outlet now advises reporters that "illegal" will "only refer to an action, not a person."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 12 hours ago