Obama's ridiculous story that the doubling of gasoline prices under his watch is a result of economic recovery doesn't fit the facts. According the National Bureau of Economic Research, responsible for officially designating when...
I suspect that oil prices are up because QE 1-3 have devalued the dollar compared to harder assets, like oil. Oil producers take payment in dollars and can adjust prices accordingly because of the relative inelasticity in oil demand.
In the Hofstra presidential debate, President Obama said: "when I took office, the price of gasoline was $1.80. Why is that? Because the economy was on the verge of collapse." Wrong. Prices collapsed because we signaled to the world that we were finally moving forward with developing America's massive offshore oil and gas resources - and they shot back up when Obama reimposed the offshore ban.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 13 hours ago