It has been more than three years or in other words, more than 1000 days since the Democrat controlled Senate introduced a budget, not to mention passed one. At the same time, the Democratic Senate has painted the Republican House as "do-nothing," despite Republican efforts to pass multiple budgets and deficit management plans. For years, the federal government has been spending without a plan and has racked up record trillion dollar deficits every year since President Obama took office. Now, after all this time, it looks like there is some form of life coming from the Senate on a...
In response to:
The article is right that it's about the "show votes." Reid and Emanuel were masters at forcing show votes in 2006 in order to create campaign talking points against Republicans. Now that the Republicans are returning the favor to Democrats, suddenly Reid is not interested in bringing a Democrat budget to the floor for a vote.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 6 hours ago