Am I the only one who thinks it is immoral to bring children into the world if you don't have the means to support them? I must be one of the few. I rarely see anyone else make the point. Before anyone objects, let me concede up front that a lot of things in life are unpredictable. Women become pregnant despite their best efforts to avoid it. Women can lose their husbands from accidents, war and even homicide. Few of us have a tenured job. Few of us are safe from the economic reversal that would attend the loss of a...
The "lazy poor" who are too lazy to go to the trouble of shopping, preparing food for their children are the very people who are too lazy to spend time with their precious children. Not all the poor are lazy, but enough of them are that these children are being sent to the fast-food places for food and are not being read to or interacted with at home. Of course, then the Libs are blaming the government for not spending more money on more programs.
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 20 mins ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago