Moderates Only Look Dead

BananaSplit38 Wrote: May 10, 2012 9:55 PM
It used to be the moderates who kept this country from becoming a dictatorship. My guess is that as we move deeper into the 21st Century (and with the moderates gone) we will start getting little semi-dictatorships of the extreme left and the extreme right. Ideology is what things are now all about (not any sort of cooperation) and it's going to get nastier and nastier. I hope Canada doesn't get a dictatorship, because a lot of Americans might want to go there as freedom and liberty of any kind disappear here.

Why Senator Dick Lugar is Out

BananaSplit38 Wrote: May 10, 2012 3:27 PM
That is to say, LUGAR WAS IN CONGRESS WAY TOO LONG!!!
Anyone interested in linking God to unrestricted Capitalism should go to the American Vision website. Anyone interested in capitalism without God start reading the writings of the atheist, the late Ayn Rand. Anyone interested in how religion might still be combined with capitalism, tune into Congressman Ryan.

Who Likes You, Baby?

BananaSplit38 Wrote: May 10, 2012 1:48 PM
I like your humor Mr. Goldman, I have seen that most of the people posting on this website do not have a sense of humor. Unless of course I have misjudged them and they laugh and enjoy putting cats in bags and throwing them into a river. Must be Tea Party types. I remember one Tea Party meeting I went to where I jokingly suggested that all Hispanics from Mexico were doing is repopulating the area taken from them by the U.S. in 1846-1848. It was a joke, but after the meeting some people came up to me and called me a "Commie Agitator". So much for the humor of the Tea Party crowd.

Britain's Strategy

BananaSplit38 Wrote: May 10, 2012 9:41 AM
The British created their empire in the 16th Century when they gained dominance over Spain through their pirate navy attacking and robbing what Spain had built in South America, Central America and the Caribbean. After the North American colonies they went after India in the 18th Century, and then during the 19th Century they finished the job with conquests in Africa, the Middle East, and the promotion of opium in China. They also got Singapore so they could protect their interests in Malaya. In fact Hong Kong Island was given to them by a reluctant Chinese government (whom they beat up on in the Opium Wars) so they could direct that trade from that island. But it was still based on racism and the exploitation of peoples.

Tea Party Hails Lugar Defeat

BananaSplit38 Wrote: May 10, 2012 8:54 AM
First of all I'm not a leftist or a rightist. I'm an American who served 23 years in the military and went on to a second career. However, for people like you, it's really a one party state that you want. And your one party state would become a right wing dictatorship, just the same as if only liberals ran the country with a one party state. People like Lugar (and others) were probably the last Members of Congress who stood in the way of the one party state and the road to a dictatorship in this country. I predict that during the 21st Century the United States will at some point go back and forth from a left wing dictatorship to a right wing dictatorship. Then, we will be no different than all those banana republics!

Evangelicals Will Rally for Romney

BananaSplit38 Wrote: May 09, 2012 10:01 PM
Bill Dill Such a nice rant. You must be a Christian. Please dial 1 800 EAT PUSS and one of my operators will say a prayer for you. Have a nice evening Butt Chunk!!!

Evangelicals Will Rally for Romney

BananaSplit38 Wrote: May 09, 2012 9:59 PM
Shut up you F -------ing Moron! Remember me A Hole?

Romney Feeds the Crocs

BananaSplit38 Wrote: May 09, 2012 7:50 PM
Good for you cud low. I can see you are Presidential material. Why don't you run for President of the United States? You are qualified aren;t you R_____m Chunk?!!

On Turning 50

BananaSplit38 Wrote: May 09, 2012 6:40 PM
Happy Birthday Mr. Speculator!!!