The Washington Post's headline is "Spending by independent groups had little...
Mitt Romney beat himself. He REFUSED to take the moral high ground on abortion. He REFUSED to take on the Lilly Ledbeter Act (probably because he doesn't understand economics). He REFUSED to attack Obama for supporting the auto bailouts (probably because he doesn't understand economics). He REFUSED to defend the free market (probably because he doesn't understand economics). Mitt Romney lost because he let Obama frame the discussion (probably because he doesn't understand economics).
Much digital ink and wind is being expended today on the interwebs and cable TV lamenting the ineffectiveness of outside spending from conservative-aligned groups in electing Republican candidates. Indeed, some of the largest groups spent incredible amounts of money to what looks to be little effect. Many Republican candidates who had large SuperPACs behind them lost, and in what looked to be winnable races. This wasn't just Mitt Romney - it was down the ballot with candidates like Josh Mandel, Scott Brown, Tommy Thompson and George Allen.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago