The idea that men are ineligible to speak out on abortion has at least six flaws, each of which should be understood and articulated by men who desire to speak on the issue. Those argumentative flaws follow in no particular order of importance:...
I LOVE the language of the abortion debate. If opponents of abortion are "pro life," why aren't abortion protagonists "pro death?" If a "pro choice" (my favorite) advocate talks about what's growing in a womb, it's a "fetus." Have you ever heard a pregnant mom say, "Oh my! I felt my fetus kick for the first time today?" Political correctness has given us a Monster that has killed more Americans than all our wars combined. And we invited it in. We will answer for that.
Recently, a student asked me whether I had a right to speak out on abortion given that I am a man and could never experience pregnancy. I countered by asking him whether arguments have testicles. The question drew laughter from other students who were listening to the exchange. But my point was serious and worth addressing at length.
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago