But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
"Fair" is the arguement of fools. There is nothing unfair about acheivement or failure. The government is now, always has been and always will be the only agency for rules that apply unequaly with the intent to hinder opponents and help allies.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 5 hours ago