But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
"Fair" is the arguement of fools. There is nothing unfair about acheivement or failure. The government is now, always has been and always will be the only agency for rules that apply unequaly with the intent to hinder opponents and help allies.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 7 hours ago