As Pastor Brian Lee points out in his article "Freedom of Religion Requires Freedom to Offend," to be a person of faith in America means being a person who is prepared to...
To be fair, I will say that I followed your link and found the paragraph where this quote comes from, and I at least see where he was trying to go. I still hate the quote, though.
The violent response to an anti-Muslim movie has cast the subject of religious tolerance into the limelight. Is Islam a religion that can tolerate criticism? Can Muslims bear up gracefully when their religion is insulted? As I wrote last week, when it comes to Islam as practiced and understood in much of the Middle East, the short answer to these questions appears to be "no."
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 48 minutes ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago