The simplistic, if understandable, answer to that question for many conservatives is right now. The national debt has surpassed our GDP, we're borrowing 40 cents of every dollar we spend, and our unpaid-for federal obligations already exceed $80 trillion. We're in dire straits; there's no escaping that. But there's also no escaping certain political realities: The public isn't feeling especially charitable toward Congressional Republicans these days, Democrats control 55 Senate seats, and this president will occupy the Oval Office for the next four years. If the GOP is seeking to apply pressure on the Left to improve our...
In response to:
Not going to work. You claim that Republicans are going to lose because they don't have the "messaging". So instead, surrender and draw the line in a CR debate? What will have changed? The media will still be in the tank for Obama and blame the Republicans for everything. If Republicans can win the messaging now, they never will. Never have the facts been so clear and completely the opposite of what the Democrats claim. We will NOT default. We will NOT be late on SS and health benefits. We have more than enough revenue to pay for that. Draw the line now and force OBAMA to choose to hit the limit. And never say default. Don't use their words because it is simply wrong and just plays into their hands.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago