As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
The conventional human perspective is quite narrow. Each one of the child victims at Newtown is doing very well and is extremely happy. The adult victims are probably doing just as well, although it is possible that one or two might be having a tough time. The murderer, the perp, he is not doing so well. [deliberate understatement]
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 39 minutes ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago