President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
I enjoy reading the words of a thinking, logical human being! Well put! Thank you!
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 28 mins ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago