President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
I enjoy reading the words of a thinking, logical human being! Well put! Thank you!
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 21 mins ago
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago