President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Much a do about nothing! What do you think will come from this speech? NUDGE!
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago