President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 51 mins ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama overrules Senate, declares CIA’s Bush-era tactics ‘torture’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Another liberal attempt to force you to share in their humorless misery fails Noah Rothman 2 hours ago