The "comprehensive" label would suggest that beefed up border security would be at least one integral part of any final reform package, and rest assured that everyone on all sides of the debate will at least claim that it is. The real question is whether achieving certain concrete benchmarks will be meaningfully required before other elements of the law are triggered, such as starting the clock on a multi-year path to citizenship for illegals. Virtually every Republican says yes. Barack Obama (for now) and Janet Napolitano say no. Chuck Schumer and other Democrats say maybe-ish. Plus, preliminary legalization...
In response to:
The president is aligning (fundamentally transforming) our healthcare system and society with those of the EU, Canada and other countries so we blend into the new fabric of world order. Then we can become one of many in a more serious struggle for life. All miserable, all under the thumbs of tyrants, ALL! LOOK AT IT!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 13 hours ago