As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
These people are not working for us, the citizens of the United States of America! So, for whom are they working?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 7 hours ago