As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
These people are not working for us, the citizens of the United States of America! So, for whom are they working?
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 43 mins ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 4 hours ago