How much more in taxes would you be willing to pay for the sake of reducing the risk of having to recover from the damage done by a natural disaster?
We're asking that question today as Hurricane Sandy has already done most of the damage it is going to do to the northeastern United States, but really, we're going to apply lessons learned back in 2005 from Hurricane Katrina. John Whitehead wrote in considering the cost of a flood-free New Orleans in the aftermath of that natural disaster:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 3 hours ago