The problem isn't just that Romney frequently finds himself making detailed explanations, which is never a good thing in politics. The problem is that it always sounds a little odd to voters for Romney to say that when he...
I'm willing to let Romney entirely off the hook or RomneyCare if he'll quite with the "repeal and replace" talk. RomneyCare - both state and federal versions - should be repealed and NOT replaced. A conservative presidential candidate would say that repealing federal RomneyCare is the first step in a process of repealing all governmental meddling with insurance and health care -all the way back to Medicare/caid.
It's always been a challenge for Mitt Romney to explain the differences between Romneycare and Obamacare. The two programs share a lot of the same features -- mandate, penalties, subsidies, exchanges and others. Romney has consistently argued that those provisions are acceptable, even good, at the state level, but not acceptable, and in some cases not even constitutional, at the federal level.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago