The problem isn't just that Romney frequently finds himself making detailed explanations, which is never a good thing in politics. The problem is that it always sounds a little odd to voters for Romney to say that when he...
I'm willing to let Romney entirely off the hook or RomneyCare if he'll quite with the "repeal and replace" talk. RomneyCare - both state and federal versions - should be repealed and NOT replaced. A conservative presidential candidate would say that repealing federal RomneyCare is the first step in a process of repealing all governmental meddling with insurance and health care -all the way back to Medicare/caid.
It's always been a challenge for Mitt Romney to explain the differences between Romneycare and Obamacare. The two programs share a lot of the same features -- mandate, penalties, subsidies, exchanges and others. Romney has consistently argued that those provisions are acceptable, even good, at the state level, but not acceptable, and in some cases not even constitutional, at the federal level.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago