Obama needed a filet mignon in the June employment report. But instead he got a rubber chicken.
Only 80,000 new jobs were created last month, way below Wall Street expectations. It’s the fourth consecutive monthly disappointment. For a few months last winter, jobs were rising at an average of 225,000 a month. But that has sloped way down to only 75,000. The unemployment rate continues at 8.2 percent, which is the forty-first straight month above 8 percent. The U6 unemployment rate, which includes discouraged workers, is just under 15 percent.
As voters finalize their election impressions this...
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 43 mins ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 4 hours ago