Obama’s Goose Is Cooked

B.31 Wrote: Jul 07, 2012 9:27 PM
You've got an "Amen" to that, brother.

Obama’s Goose Is Cooked

B.31 Wrote: Jul 07, 2012 9:08 PM
Governor Romney is not helping the Republican cause (or his own) with his talk of "repeal and replace." Federal RomneyCare (aka (Obamacare) needs to be repealed and NOT replaced. A conservative would say that repealing FedRomCare is the first step to repealing all government meddling in health care - all the way back to Medicare/caid.

Obama’s Goose Is Cooked

B.31 Wrote: Jul 07, 2012 9:01 PM

Obama’s Goose Is Cooked

B.31 Wrote: Jul 07, 2012 8:02 PM
It's a start. I hope we haven't wised up too late.

Obama’s Goose Is Cooked

B.31 Wrote: Jul 07, 2012 7:51 PM
Independent enough to declare independence from the Republican Party? If that's true, there may be hope for this good old republic yet!

Obama’s Goose Is Cooked

B.31 Wrote: Jul 07, 2012 7:42 PM
Liz- I grant the truth of what you say - that even lefties hold Obama in disdain, personally - but I don't think the election will turn on his personality. The Rotters (thanks, Torr) might not ever invite Obama the man over for dinner, but they know that Obama the politician will make it his business to keep the slop flowing into the federal trough. That's what they'll vote for.

Obama’s Goose Is Cooked

B.31 Wrote: Jul 07, 2012 7:19 PM
Now that I'm thinking about it - and I'm surprised how much I remember after all this time - the parallel that really gets on my nerves is Governor Romney's resemblance to Mr. Thompson.

Obama’s Goose Is Cooked

B.31 Wrote: Jul 07, 2012 6:59 PM
I read it in the early 80s (my early 20s), when I could take it as quasi-science fiction/social commentary. l suspect if l read it again now, it'd just make me cry.

Obama’s Goose Is Cooked

B.31 Wrote: Jul 07, 2012 6:27 PM
I'm not convinced that hard economic times spell political doom for the president. Hard times always cause some people to go running to the capitol yelling "Caesar! Caesar! Save us!" Obama has built his brief political career on appealing to such people, offering them protection from the big, bad world in the strong, safe arms of the government. My own hunch is that there are already enough of these people to tip an election to whomever makes the bigger, cushier promises. I suspect this election will basically give us a head count of how many workers and how many takers live in America these days.
Come back, Harriet Miers! All is forgiven!
I don't see a problem here. They can just shake the Etch-a-Sketch, wait a couple political eternities & act like nothing happened.