"Remember When . . .?" Nope. I'm 51 years old, too young to remember when it was a bad thing. But I was born & raised in a "big swing state" (Ohio) when candidates and elected officials must offer much & offer it often to stay politcally alive. I knew when I was 10 years old that workers are suckers. Eventually, I ended up in the private sector in a right-to-work state (Texas). I may be a sucker - I'm certainly aware of how much of my pay is getting sucked away - but keeping company with working suckers is much better than the alternative.

Condi on the VP Slot: Thanks, But No Thanks

B.31 Wrote: Jul 15, 2012 10:25 AM
Rather than Rice, Governor Romney should choose a conservative, in order to balance the ticket.

Should Romney Apologize for Romneycare?

B.31 Wrote: Jul 10, 2012 5:19 AM
Interesting, but this is where I msut drop out. Good day to you, good night for me.

Should Romney Apologize for Romneycare?

B.31 Wrote: Jul 10, 2012 4:56 AM
Are you saying that a productive economy can function under sharia, or that they're taking advantage of the fix we've gotten ourseleves into?

Should Romney Apologize for Romneycare?

B.31 Wrote: Jul 10, 2012 4:40 AM
Good on you - maybe those who actually pay attention can tell everyone else where the economy is going & why. Of course, I couldn't blame you if you wanted to just shrug like Atlas.

Should Romney Apologize for Romneycare?

B.31 Wrote: Jul 10, 2012 4:15 AM
"Amen" again, brother. And what are you doing up at this hour?

Should Romney Apologize for Romneycare?

B.31 Wrote: Jul 10, 2012 3:55 AM
I'm willing to let Romney entirely off the hook or RomneyCare if he'll quite with the "repeal and replace" talk. RomneyCare - both state and federal versions - should be repealed and NOT replaced. A conservative presidential candidate would say that repealing federal RomneyCare is the first step in a process of repealing all governmental meddling with insurance and health care -all the way back to Medicare/caid.

Can Mitt Break the Veep Curse?

B.31 Wrote: Jul 10, 2012 3:03 AM
One question to ask when considering whether X would be a suitable VP candidtae is whether it would be in X's interest to hitch his wagon to Mitt Romney's star. Because X will surely be asking the question of himself.

The Arms Race that Won't Happen

B.31 Wrote: Jul 08, 2012 6:34 PM
Quit worrying about Iran. Israel can reduce it to an atomic parking lot in an afternoon.

Obama’s Goose Is Cooked

B.31 Wrote: Jul 07, 2012 9:27 PM
You've got an "Amen" to that, brother.