What was it about the Dodge' commercial, "God Made a Farmer," that stirred the souls of so many Americans during the Superbowl? Maybe it was the imagery of the dirt and grit of real America, not the white-washed concrete meccas many of us call home. Maybe for just a moment we were unplugged from our instant and superficial world and taken back to a time when we were captivated by God's creation, not what our friends were doing on Facebook. Or maybe it was just the quintessential sound of American icon, the late Paul Harvey, whose voice wraps around you like...
Brilliant historian? No. Gifted mythologizer, perhaps.
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago