Democrats control California's Legislature, and its governor, Jerry Brown, is a Democrat. California is home to some of America's richest people and...
I think another part of the problem is that it's become increasingly difficult for many people to detect a tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic essay/comment. Detecting them involves comparing what is being claimed to what is reasonable. In your mind you have to ask yourself, "Is this person serious?" In the past it was easy to answer the question by saying to yourself, "No, this is just way too unreasonable. It must have been meant sarcastically." But during recent years people have taken so many outrageous positions and made such ludicrous claims that now many commenters tend to take what is said at face value.
California was once the land of opportunity, but it is going down the tubes. Several of California's prominent cities have declared bankruptcy, such as Vallejo, Stockton, Mammoth Lakes and San Bernardino. Others are on the precipice, and that includes Los Angeles, California's largest city. California's 2012 budget deficit is expected to top $28 billion, and its state debt is $618 billion. That's more than twice the size of New York's state debt, which itself is the second-highest in the nation.
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 47 minutes ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago