Democrats control California's Legislature, and its governor, Jerry Brown, is a Democrat. California is home to some of America's richest people and...
I think another part of the problem is that it's become increasingly difficult for many people to detect a tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic essay/comment. Detecting them involves comparing what is being claimed to what is reasonable. In your mind you have to ask yourself, "Is this person serious?" In the past it was easy to answer the question by saying to yourself, "No, this is just way too unreasonable. It must have been meant sarcastically." But during recent years people have taken so many outrageous positions and made such ludicrous claims that now many commenters tend to take what is said at face value.
California was once the land of opportunity, but it is going down the tubes. Several of California's prominent cities have declared bankruptcy, such as Vallejo, Stockton, Mammoth Lakes and San Bernardino. Others are on the precipice, and that includes Los Angeles, California's largest city. California's 2012 budget deficit is expected to top $28 billion, and its state debt is $618 billion. That's more than twice the size of New York's state debt, which itself is the second-highest in the nation.
- Sen. Landrieu’s first ad: “What I said to the president is, you told them you could keep it” Erika Johnsen 27 minutes ago
- Boehner: These conservative groups who are objecting to the budget deal are “ridiculous” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- EPA on the Renewable Fuel Standard: Uhm, we’re totally just now realizing that this is unrealistic and inadvisable Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Only 5-15% of enrollees have paid their first month of premiums in some ObamaCare plans Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New data from HHS: 365,000 sign-ups for ObamaCare plans so far Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: Administration tells Israel it lied about Iran deal jeffdunetz 4 hours ago