Let's face it, colleges have always been about making money. However, back when I went to college (1975), most folks either paid with money from mom & dad or got a bank loan or......if you could show that your family was really poor, you could apply for a student loan. Today, getting a student loan is so easy you can practically get it as a side when you order a Big Mac. Just look at the proliferation of on-line colleges, ads on TV, colleges expanding their campuses. All these higher institutions see is $$$$$$$, freely flowing $$$$$ with the good old gubmint backing it up. Can you spell Freddie and Fannie?? You can't watch any TV channel and not see national TV ads for University this and University that. They don't give a dam about furtherring the education of this nation - it's all about who can grab the most college loan money.
- Final Colorado Q-poll: Gardner up 7 among likely voters Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Ebola nurse Kaci Hickox violates quarantine, dares you to do something about it Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Donna Brazile pens the most dishonest defense of teacher tenure in memory Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Report: As many as 20-30 Gitmo detainees freed within the last few years are now fighting in Syria Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CBS poll: GOP lead in generic Congressional ballot similar to final 2010 poll Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 3 hours ago