Let's face it, colleges have always been about making money. However, back when I went to college (1975), most folks either paid with money from mom & dad or got a bank loan or......if you could show that your family was really poor, you could apply for a student loan. Today, getting a student loan is so easy you can practically get it as a side when you order a Big Mac. Just look at the proliferation of on-line colleges, ads on TV, colleges expanding their campuses. All these higher institutions see is $$$$$$$, freely flowing $$$$$ with the good old gubmint backing it up. Can you spell Freddie and Fannie?? You can't watch any TV channel and not see national TV ads for University this and University that. They don't give a dam about furtherring the education of this nation - it's all about who can grab the most college loan money.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago