The Justice Department said Thursday that it will file a new lawsuit against Texas to try to block the state's voter ID law.
“Today’s action marks another step forward in the Justice Department’s continuing effort to protect the voting rights of all eligible Americans,” Attorney General Eric Holder said in a statement accompanying the announcement of the lawsuit.
At the risk of piling on, I too will say that Texas should just flip-off Holder and tell him if he sets foot in Texas they'll arrest him. And then do it. What's BHO gonna do? Jump up & down? Yell let him go? Threaten Texas? With what? Sooner or later somebody just needs to stand up to him and say go pound sand - I don't recognize you or your power. I am so dam sick and tired of these folks gettig their way and no one telling them eff off.
The Department of Justice has served up a Texas sized lawsuit over the Lone Star State's voter identification law, something Attorney General Eric Holder has been warning about since it was signed into law in May 2011.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 14 hours ago