"An Act of Terrorism"

AWL_Kaput Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 6:53 PM
I don't like that governors get to appoint for vacancies.

"An Act of Terrorism"

AWL_Kaput Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 6:49 PM
"I am for unlimited liberty bound only by the unlimited liberty of others. I did not say bound by laws." So, you want no laws? Laws are what empower our Constitution. You probably don't like that much, though. Please, in detail, explain to me your ideal system of government and how it would not be an abject failure.

"An Act of Terrorism"

AWL_Kaput Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 6:46 PM
It sure was.

"An Act of Terrorism"

AWL_Kaput Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 6:44 PM
Yes, because there has never been a successful pure democracy, fear of factions, and the fact the there are a lot of idiots in the world. And they were dead on.

"An Act of Terrorism"

AWL_Kaput Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 6:39 PM
So... you want mob rule when it goes along with your opinion?

"An Act of Terrorism"

AWL_Kaput Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 6:37 PM
This is whining. ^

"An Act of Terrorism"

AWL_Kaput Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 6:34 PM
Yes, on a federal and state level... I was using the word in the non-technical meaning. We're not a pure constitutional republic, after all, since we still have referendums. I'll just stick with "representative government" next time.

"An Act of Terrorism"

AWL_Kaput Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 6:28 PM
My first post was to indicate that the people here railing against "commies" collecting welfare checks by characterizing anyone who they believe is "liberal" as a drain on the system were hypocrites. The petty insults have been flying from your side, buddy.

"An Act of Terrorism"

AWL_Kaput Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 6:25 PM
I don't want nor am I enamored with mob rule. Government of the people, by the people, for the people is not mob rule. I'm not calling for national referendums on every issue. I like federalism overall. The checks and balances exist to effectuate the will of the majority to a great degree, however. Yes, they protect against oppression of the minority, but the will of the majority manifested through our federalist system is not the same as mob rule.

"An Act of Terrorism"

AWL_Kaput Wrote: Apr 16, 2013 6:12 PM
Yeah and I've only told you so several times...