Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
The Morgan fiasco is noteworthy as it points out the European mindset vs. the American. For example: 1. Europeans tend to believe that government can solve all their problems if only enough money is spent. 2. Europeans believe that government is the arbiter of "rights"; "rights that can be changed at the merest whim of some faceless bureaucrat or far-away "parliament". 3. Europeans, especially the French, English, and German, have no problem with non-French, non-English, and non-Germans telling them what to do. (The EU) As the Irish, Greeks, and Italians (not to mention the Spanish) are quickly learning, the EU is not the solution, it is the problem. This is what happens when you elect bureaucrats to govern.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago