Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
The Morgan fiasco is noteworthy as it points out the European mindset vs. the American. For example: 1. Europeans tend to believe that government can solve all their problems if only enough money is spent. 2. Europeans believe that government is the arbiter of "rights"; "rights that can be changed at the merest whim of some faceless bureaucrat or far-away "parliament". 3. Europeans, especially the French, English, and German, have no problem with non-French, non-English, and non-Germans telling them what to do. (The EU) As the Irish, Greeks, and Italians (not to mention the Spanish) are quickly learning, the EU is not the solution, it is the problem. This is what happens when you elect bureaucrats to govern.
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago