Even Democrats such as Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Tom Daschle, and Ted Kennedy, who had warned about Saddam's WMD program on...
You are clueless. The Bush Administration knew damned well there were no WMD in Iraq. That was an excuse to attack. If you read some of former Secretary of Defense Wolfowitz comments -- often hazy, but with a clear message. We went to war with Iraq to "defuse" them before they could attack Israel once our troops were withdrawn from Saudi Arabia. The Sauds wanted us out of their country as it was the major gripe of al Qaeda - a group that did not want foreign military in the country that houses their holiest site of Mecca. The war, based on lies, has cost this country dearly in lives and wounded and close to $1 trillion.
"Bush Lied, People Died" they chanted. When the intelligence about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq -- information that was believed by the intelligence agencies of our major allies; that was described by the Clinton-appointed head of the CIA as a "slam dunk"; and that was agreed to by heads of state and leaders of the Democratic and Republican parties -- turned out to be badly mistaken, George W. Bush was branded a liar.
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago