Wow! Just Wow!

Auspex Wrote: Nov 06, 2014 10:33 AM
I don't think it was conservative values as much as it was the people being sick of socialist democrats getting crazier by the year. Independents and moderates pitched in with conservatives to stop the madness this run. Now, don't go conservative crazy, or the middle will offset you with more progressives next time.

Wow! Just Wow!

Auspex Wrote: Nov 06, 2014 10:32 AM

Wow! Just Wow!

Auspex Wrote: Nov 06, 2014 10:29 AM
And when they do, I'm probably going to laugh so hard I'll pass out and miss the action.

Electing Liberty

Auspex Wrote: Nov 05, 2014 10:11 PM
Congress forbade them from using tools that work, like profiling. Israel uses profiling, and it works like a charm. The U.S. doesn't want to offend anyone though, heaven forbid, and we forced ourselves to stop using it.

Electing Liberty

Auspex Wrote: Nov 05, 2014 10:08 PM
I'll raise my hand in a yay on that one!

Electing Liberty

Auspex Wrote: Nov 05, 2014 9:56 PM
Someone asked me once what I thought about pro-life or pro-choice as a libertarian. I told them that as a libertarian, I am opposed to trampling the rights of another human being. The right to life is the first one on the list. So, know I am against infringing on someone's right to life. She nodded, okay. Then I said, so I guess it all hinges on my definition of when does a baby become a human life, right? She nodded her head. I told her I believed human life was at conception. So, as a libertarian, I had to be pro-life. She didn't like the answer, but that's how I picked my side, ultimately.

Where Have All the Allies Gone?

Auspex Wrote: Sep 18, 2014 4:24 PM
To at least put some kind of dampener on the Pelosi/Reid/Obama shenanigans, anyway! If that's all November can get us, I'll take it!

Where Have All the Allies Gone?

Auspex Wrote: Sep 18, 2014 4:22 PM
Yeah, you're asking the new GOP to be middle-right on government, and I'm sorry, they are just as big government these days as the Democrats are. The only difference, in terms of government sizing philosophy anymore is what agencies should get our tax dollars and which shouldn't. Granted, I think the GOP would pick more effective and prosperity building agencies than entitlement agencies, but they still think big brother is the answer to all our problems.

Where Have All the Allies Gone?

Auspex Wrote: Sep 18, 2014 4:17 PM
A view America used to take as well. But our current snubbing of Israel is a symptom of nose-dive our leaders' long-term thinking processes have taken. But then again, I've never met any progressives that could think about cause and effect chains much further than the tips of their noses anyway.
I think you pinpointed the problem with the entire liberal and progressive movements...voyeurs! Although the far right conservatives can be voyeurs too, they just look at different stuff. But man, those of us in the middle wish the rest of the control freak admins, bureaucrats, pastors, and politicians and yes, sometimes professors, would quit peeping into our bedroom windows and just leave us the hell alone. Steal each other's money and liberty and nose in each other's bedrooms, fine, just can the middle-class opt out please?