One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Mr. Soros told me when he gave me my check that Obama is sure to win the second debate. So I'm not worried about it!
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Sen. Rob Portman, Michael Caspino Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- That ISIS guy who promised to raise Islamic flag over the White House? He’s dead Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Remembering James Foley and his work Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago