You see the signs everywhere: "We accept EBT." Fast-food restaurants do. Clothing retailers do. Auto repair shops, liquor stores and even sushi joints are joining the club. "EBT" stands for the federal government's electronic benefits transfer card, which is intended to provide poor people with food stamps and cash...
Beer costs less than snacks. I wish I drank beer...but it's too slow a buzz for me and way too calorie-laden. Straight vodka or at worst, a bottle of wine, is a much nicer way to get those warm fuzzies going.
From New York to New Mexico and across the dependent plains, welfare recipients are getting sauced on the public dime. Drunk, besotted, bombed. But while politicians pay lip service to cutting government waste, fraud and abuse, they're doing very little in practice to stop the EBT party excesses. Where's the compassion for taxpayers?
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago