Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Great article and analysis, as always. Now the problem is how do conservatives and the RNC capture the attention of those receiving the fish? What we have is a "failure to communicate" to these populations and unfortunately if Pres. Obama is re-elected they will never "get it" until the stream that supports the fish, dries up! In the Dr. Sowell's example of Castro's policies resulting in the fleeing of its more prosperous citizens to other countries remember also that Castro's policies also resulted in many of those left behind being shipped ( and not voluntarily) to communist countries to work for the "cause". Under socialism there is no liberty nor pursuit of happiness. You are reduced to a non-human with no God given rights.
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition; Update: “Poor choice of words” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago