My mom worked for Walmart until she turned 80. She has great praise for them to this day. When my Dad developed serious health problems, they adjusted her schedule so she could keep her hours up and yet have time off to care for him when needed. They never pressured her in any way and if there was an emergency, they were right with her all the way. She earned many merit pins and actually received shares of stock (which are awarded when you get a certain number of merit pins), and still shops there regularly. Canada has few Walmarts because they used to actively keep American stores out of Canada, but now our dollar is at par and people are shopping in the USA because the prices are lower, they have opened the gate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 7 hours ago