My mom worked for Walmart until she turned 80. She has great praise for them to this day. When my Dad developed serious health problems, they adjusted her schedule so she could keep her hours up and yet have time off to care for him when needed. They never pressured her in any way and if there was an emergency, they were right with her all the way. She earned many merit pins and actually received shares of stock (which are awarded when you get a certain number of merit pins), and still shops there regularly. Canada has few Walmarts because they used to actively keep American stores out of Canada, but now our dollar is at par and people are shopping in the USA because the prices are lower, they have opened the gate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 11 hours ago