My mom worked for Walmart until she turned 80. She has great praise for them to this day. When my Dad developed serious health problems, they adjusted her schedule so she could keep her hours up and yet have time off to care for him when needed. They never pressured her in any way and if there was an emergency, they were right with her all the way. She earned many merit pins and actually received shares of stock (which are awarded when you get a certain number of merit pins), and still shops there regularly. Canada has few Walmarts because they used to actively keep American stores out of Canada, but now our dollar is at par and people are shopping in the USA because the prices are lower, they have opened the gate.
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 13 hours ago