Several years ago my wife and I made a decision – we decided to skip The Christmas Thing. Not all of Christmas, mind you, but all the parts which stress everyone out, but nevertheless don’t seem to do anyone any noticeable good in return. And we didn’t do it all at once, we kind of went through a phased withdrawal from the Christmas Thing over a period of consecutive seasons. But looking back at the results, I wish we hadn’t delayed the process of withdrawal like that but had simply given it up cold turkey (or maybe it’s cold...
In response to:
If Christmas is about Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee, your system emphasizes the cold-bloodedness you've taught your children, while making sure their Gimmee Quotient remains high. In time they will grow up to be Occupiers, which I guess must be your dearest wish. You have solved the problem that irritates you by throwing money at it. You must be a Democrat.
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 44 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 15 hours ago