We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
Are you serious ? In the arena of "false issues" the Democrats dominate. The sequester (which Obama spawned) fear mongering by the Democarats comes quickly to mind.....I came name countless more if you like Donjindra. Your analogy is full of holes . First off you state "to protect himself of his property with deadly force." Your chauvanist side is showing. Many women have actually defended themselves with deadly force. Secondly you insinuate that the danger is probably perceived rather than real yet you put credence in a truck bomb hurtling towards a school............Now that Donjindra is "silliness".
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 18 hours ago