We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
Are you serious ? In the arena of "false issues" the Democrats dominate. The sequester (which Obama spawned) fear mongering by the Democarats comes quickly to mind.....I came name countless more if you like Donjindra. Your analogy is full of holes . First off you state "to protect himself of his property with deadly force." Your chauvanist side is showing. Many women have actually defended themselves with deadly force. Secondly you insinuate that the danger is probably perceived rather than real yet you put credence in a truck bomb hurtling towards a school............Now that Donjindra is "silliness".
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago