We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
I am not sure if I wholly agree with Senator Paul (I will never call Maxine Waters senator) but this guy has CAJONES-God bless him.. I wish more Republicans had his tenacity and conviction." He who believes in everything , stands for nothing." Hang in there Senator Paul.
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 9 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago