But the President’s designation of April as a month of fiscal responsibility was made with a straight face, as he explained, "Together, we can prepare young people to tackle financial challenges–from learning how to budget responsibly to saving for college, starting a business, or opening a retirement account.” In light of Obama’s budget finally being released this week, much can be learned...
When President Obama declared April to be “National Financial Capability Month” and described plans for his administration to teach young people “how to budget responsibly,” it was easy to mistake the announcement for a Stephen-Colbert-style April Fools’ prank.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 13 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 14 hours ago