Margaret Thatcher’s death on Monday, April 8th at the age of 87 brought a flood of reminiscences from many in the chattering classes who are old enough to remember her and her remarkable eleven-year tenure as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Dame Margaret’s many conservative allies recalled her friendship with Ronald Reagan and her championing of the “special relationship” between Britain and the USA. Others praised her free market reforms, which reinvigorated a moribund British economy, tamed inflation, and made London a major international financial and banking center once again. Needless to say,...
"Mrs. Thatcher re-established the Tories as a vigorous party, more concerned with ideas and ideology than merely winning elections with bland candidates who stood for nothing." --- hmmmm, perhaps certain "Republicans" might want to emulate that strategy!!
NewsBusted! President Obama, ISIS, 9/11, August Jobs Report, NBC News, Syrian Rebels, South Dakota Snow
- Study: Nighty network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 29 mins ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago