Margaret Thatcher’s death on Monday, April 8th at the age of 87 brought a flood of reminiscences from many in the chattering classes who are old enough to remember her and her remarkable eleven-year tenure as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Dame Margaret’s many conservative allies recalled her friendship with Ronald Reagan and her championing of the “special relationship” between Britain and the USA. Others praised her free market reforms, which reinvigorated a moribund British economy, tamed inflation, and made London a major international financial and banking center once again. Needless to say,...
"Mrs. Thatcher re-established the Tories as a vigorous party, more concerned with ideas and ideology than merely winning elections with bland candidates who stood for nothing." --- hmmmm, perhaps certain "Republicans" might want to emulate that strategy!!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 36 minutes ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 3 hours ago