Last week, media outlets reported that several Republican governors are pushing an Internet sales tax on purchases from popular online retailers, including Amazon and eBay, in effort to shore up their state budgets. This effort is being led by New Jersey...
Article-1, Section-9: No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State. No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.
Your taxes are about to be raised; and guess who’s behind it. Here’s a clue – it’s not the Democrats. Despite all the talk about reducing the size and scope of government during their campaigns, and railing against President Barack Obama’s proposed tax hikes, a number of Republican governors are advocating for a sales tax on Internet sales.
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago