Last week, media outlets reported that several Republican governors are pushing an Internet sales tax on purchases from popular online retailers, including Amazon and eBay, in effort to shore up their state budgets. This effort is being led by New Jersey...
Article-1, Section-9: No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State. No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.
Your taxes are about to be raised; and guess who’s behind it. Here’s a clue – it’s not the Democrats. Despite all the talk about reducing the size and scope of government during their campaigns, and railing against President Barack Obama’s proposed tax hikes, a number of Republican governors are advocating for a sales tax on Internet sales.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 10 hours ago