Last week, media outlets reported that several Republican governors are pushing an Internet sales tax on purchases from popular online retailers, including Amazon and eBay, in effort to shore up their state budgets. This effort is being led by New Jersey...
Article-1, Section-9: No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State. No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.
Your taxes are about to be raised; and guess who’s behind it. Here’s a clue – it’s not the Democrats. Despite all the talk about reducing the size and scope of government during their campaigns, and railing against President Barack Obama’s proposed tax hikes, a number of Republican governors are advocating for a sales tax on Internet sales.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago