On Friday, as Kevin and Guy both noted, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney released his 2011 tax returns to the American public. Not only did we learn that the former Massachusetts governor paid taxes every single year since 1990, thus discrediting the Senate Majority Leader’s preposterous accusations, but he also paid $2 million in taxes last year alone and gave about $4 million (or nearly 30% of his annual income) to charity. In any case, now that we have these new figures, which presidential candidate paid the highest tax rate and gave the...
Lois: "Mormons are required by Commandment of God to pay 10% of all their GROSS income to the LDS church. This includes all income - including: employment, unemployment insurance, student loans, pell grant checks, Social Security income, Medicare, foodstamps, trust funds and any other form of income, even including finding money on the ground. If they miss paying tithing for any reason while alive - they will jeopardize their eternal salvation."
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 28 minutes ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 1 hour ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago